Resort in Tam Dao, trekking in Cat Ba national park, food tour in Hai Phong are suggestions for a short trip from Hanoi.
Less than 150 km from Hanoi, there are many tourist attractions suitable for short stays. Activities such as trekking, camping, and relaxation are suitable for those who do not want to spend all 4 days on this 2/9 holiday to travel. These trips last two days and one night at a cost of about $100US
Trekking vườn quốc gia Cát Bà
Distance 150km from Hanoi
Cat Ba National Park is a world biosphere reserve, located in Cat Ba island district, Hai Phong city. Travel time from Hanoi, by highway Hanoi – Hai Phong is about one hour and 30 minutes. After that, visitors will have to cross the ferry at Got Wharf.
With a time of two days, visitors should choose trekking through the forest for 2 to 5 hours, depending on the journey of 6 or 10 km. The terrain of the whole route is diverse, many roads are flat through the forest, there are steep sections, but mainly cliffs of medium height. After trekking, visitors can stay overnight in Viet Hai village. In the morning of the second day, choose to cycle to experience the life of the people in the village, then rent a boat to visit Lan Ha Bay, have a seafood lunch and end the trip at Beo wharf.
– Transportation: 400,000 to 500,000 VND per person (limousine or self-drive including petrol and ferry bridge)
– Homestay in Viet Hai village: 250,000 VND per person
– National park entrance ticket, guide hire, lunch during trekking tour: 700,000 VND per person
– Eating and visiting Lan Ha Bay: 600,000 VND per person
Food tour Hải Phòng
Distance:120KM from Hanoi
Recently, Hai Phong has emerged as a culinary destination on the tourist map of Vietnam. The port city has markets and streets selling a variety of typical local dishes such as crab cakes, spicy bread, sizzling noodles, snails, banh beo, Chinese cakes, pot prices, chrysanthemum tea, bread. pate, pickled coconut tea. Places not to be missed include: Cat Bi food market, Luong Van Can – Le Loi area, Lach Tray snack market.
Tourists stay overnight in Hai Phong city, combining city tour with famous places such as Opera House, train station, museums. One option in the itinerary is to visit Do Son beach 20 km from the city center to eat seafood.
– Transportation: 500,000 VND per person (limousine or self-drive). Travel costs will be nearly half cheaper if traveling by train.
– One night 3-star hotel in Hai Phong city: 300,000 to 400,000 VND per person
– Food for 2 days: 1 million VND per person
Camping in Thai Nguyen
Distance: 80KM from Hanoi
Ghenh Che lake, Song Cong city (Thai Nguyen), has a large space, gentle terrain, hills and flat plains. Visitors move by road or waterway. If you go by waterway, you can stop at Ghenh Che Farmstay. If you go by road, from Binh Son Commune People’s Committee go to Lat Da hamlet of Binh Son commune, about 4 km.
There’s a lakeside Hideout Glamping campsite, which includes a set-up tent and a place for visitors to set up their own. Services include boat trips to visit the lake, organize collective activities, BBQ, fishing…
– Hiding Glamping currently has 9 tents, fully equipped. The largest tent can accommodate about 10 people, the remaining tents can accommodate 3 to 6 people. The cost of each tent overnight is from 1 to 4 million VND.
– Meals: breakfast 20,000 VND to 30,000 VND, dinner from 150,000 VND to 300,000 VND per person.
Resort in Tam Dao
Distance: 80KM from Hanoi
Tam Dao belongs to Vinh Phuc province, convenient road, travel time about one hour and 15 minutes from the center of Hanoi. This is a place with fresh, cool air. However, if you come here during the holidays, it can be quite crowded, especially during the day. One option is to stay in a hotel/resort with full facilities and services to “refresh” yourself before entering a new working week after the holiday.
Some spots that are not located in the central area, you can take a leisurely walk to visit in the evening or early morning to avoid crowds such as Quan Gio coffee, Tam Dao church, cloud bridge. Dishes not to be missed are the barbecue and chayote tops.
– 4-star hotel: 2 million to 2.5 million VND per room for two people.
– Meals: 500,000 VND per person.
– Travel: About 300,000 VND to 400,000 VND per person.
Discover the Nho Quan area in Ninh Binh
Distance: 95KM from Hanoi
Ninh Binh, which is only an hour away from Hanoi by car, always has enough experiences to make each visit a different one. If you have been to Ninh Binh many times, this time please skip the crowded places such as Trang An, Bai Dinh, Tam Coc – Bich Dong, Phat Diem. Instead, go to Nho Quan district in the northwest of the province. Here visitors can choose to stay in homestays near Cuc Phuong National Park, combine sightseeing and experience day activities, visit Chau Son Monastery, a unique religious architecture.
Coming to Ninh Binh, one of the experiences not to be missed is food. Ninh Binh has many delicious dishes from goat or bird meat that are processed into many dishes.
– Transportation: 300,000 VND to 400,000 VND per person (limousine or self-driving car)
– 3-star hotel: 1.2 million to 1.5 million VND per night for two people.
– Meals: 500,000 VND to 600,000 VND per person.
Recommended what to see in Hanoi with locals:
- Day Trips from Hanoi
- Hire a Vietnam Private Tour Guide
- Hire Vietnamese translator interpreter
- Rent A Car With Driver in Hanoi
- Northern Vietnam Tour Packages
Questions About Hanoi, Vietnam?
Do you have any questions about traveling to Hanoi? Ask me anything in the comment section below. We’ll do our best to help!