This 3 day Trekking Mu Cang Chai Tour from Hanoi gives you the opportunity to discover the mountainous beauty, amazing Riced Terraces, and local life of different ethnic groups
Why you’ll love this trip
- Stay in a local homestay and get to know our H’mong hosts invite you to learn about their rich culture, to share stories and to try some of their local home cooked cuisine.
- As the dramatic mountains of Khau Pa Pass soar above the green forests and rice paddies of Mu Cang Chai, a deep appreciation of this region’s landscape will be understood as you journey through it
- Trekking with local guide to different villages in La Pan Tan, Che Cu Nha and Ze Xu Phinh, viewing magnificent rice terraced fields.
- A great opportunity to capture your best photos with local guides on the go. This is the best way to access remote parts of this region and to get a real glimpse of Vietnamese life
Is this trip right for you?
- This trip includes a number of long journeys on windy and sometimes bumpy roads in a private car. This is the only way to access some of these locations, but we promise you that the views for most of the journey are impressive enough to make it all worthwhile. This trip includes 2 nights in simple homestay accommodation, and there a few ways to better understand a country and its people. You will sleep on mattresses on the floor in a mixed-gender dormitory style, and bathrooms will be shared. other accommodation options are available on request (private room/bungalow/hotel)
- This trip includes a moderate level of hiking in the hills on day 2 for approximately 4 hours. Terrain can be uneven, muddy or loose underfoot. Although this hiking is possible for most travellers, a good level of fitness and comfortable pair of shoes will help increase your enjoyment of this experience.
Why Mu Cang Chai Trekking Tour 3 Day is special ?
Itinerary at a glance
- Day 01: Hanoi – Nghia Lo
- Day 02: Nghia Lo- Tu Le- Mu Cang Chai – trekking around villages
- Day 03: Mu Cang Chai – Hanoi
Tripadvisor reviewed from previous group: Pls Check it out here > 3 week guided tour of Northern Vietnam
- Enjoy homestay with ethnic people in villages
- Enjoy trekking tours to visit wonderful villages of hill tribe people
- The beautiful landscapes of rice paddies on terraces
- More about Mu Cang Chai – Visit What to see in Mu Cang Chai
Detailed itinerary Mu Cang Chai Tour from Hanoi 3 Days
Day 1: Hanoi – Yen Bai city – Nghia Lo
7am: Our guide will pick-up you at hotel. Start journey to Nghia Lo, Yen Bai.
Enjoy stunning landscapes along the way.
Enjoy stunning views of countryside and nature, visit local villages, experience daily life of hill tribe people
Upon arrive at Thai village in Nghia Lo, enjoy the traditional dishes, life & culture of Thai people.
Day 2: Nghia Lo – Tu Le – Mu Cang Chai – trekking around villages
You will be surprise before the wonderful rice terrace belong the route from Tu Le – Mù Cang Chải.
Run over the Khau Pha pass (one of the four greatest passes in Northern Vietnam with 40km many fog in the cold days). The ride is on some of the most scenic roads which offer a lot of stops for picturing. We’ll cross Tu Le and Mu Cang Chai, the two remote lands of Yen Bai province where the black H’mong, Dzao and Thai people can make wonderful rice terrace on the mountains.
Enjoy trekking tours around La Pan Tan commune, visit Trong Tong village, explore the life & musical of Mong people.
Leave Trong Tong, continue trekking from La Pan Tan village to enjoy Mam Xoi rice terrace of H’mong people in Mu Cang Chai. Picnic lunch is served along trekking path. Visit some school and touch with children. Beside the rice terrace, you will have a chance to explore the culture & local lifeof Mong people, such as music traditional, agriculture tools…
Note: 3- hour drive & 3-4 hour light trek
Sleeping at Homestay/hotel/resort upon request at Mu Cang Chai
Day 3: Mu Cang Chai -Hanoi
After our breakfast, there’s more time to look around and experience life in Mu Cang Chai. We comeback from Mu Cang Chai – Nghia Lo, visit the Old Tea in Suoi Giang to taste the hundred old Tea tree. After that, we continue back to Hanoi. Have lunch on the road.
Arrive Hanoi before 6p.m. Tour the end
Note: The itinerary can change according your requirement
- Air-conditioned private vehicles for all transportation
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- Accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- Tips and personal expenses such as: laundry, telephone, drinks…
- Bank charges relating to the payment
- Other services that are not clearly mentioned in the “price includes” list.
- Read more on Mu Cang Chai travel experiences
Questions About This 3-day Mu Cang Chai Tour from Hanoi?
Do you have any questions about traveling to Mu Cang Chai, Northern Vietnam? Ask me anything in the comment section below. We’ll do our best to help!
Featured ToursByLocals Vietnam